Agenzia nazionale per le nuove tecnologie, l'energia e lo sviluppo economico sostenibile
Pursuing Quantum Sensing for Reliable Roadmaps
In the framework of the NATO Science for Peace and Security, ENEA - Italian Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development is pleased to announce the organization of an international Advanced Research Workshop on 5-7 December 2023 in its Research Center in Frascati (Rome), Italy.
The Workshop is organised by an international Committee lead by ENEA, and provides a forum for scientists, industry practitioners, and involved institutions to discuss the state of the art and a possible roadmap of Quantum Sensing for Security.
The main objectives of the Workshop (WS) are:
- Reach a common view of Quantum Sensing applications with a particular focus on the Security field.
- Identify the practical potential of quantum sensing for detection
- Develop methodology for assessing practical applications of quantum sensing capabilities (benchmarking)
- Define the practical potential of quantum sensing for detecting a variety of substances and objects vs classical detectors
- Evaluate field applications of all quantum sensing tech (bringing techniques out of the lab, prototyping, transitioning to operational use)
- Discuss and design together the future of these topics in the framework of the NATO SPS Programme and its international collaborations with several institutions (e.g. DHS – US).
The WS is not limited to academic and scientific topics; it will provide the opportunity to share ideas/opinions and to promote the cross-fertilization between different communities (quantum scientists, spin-off, SME, Technology providers, experts, heads of R&D departments etc).
The results of the Workshop will be published in a book edited by the Chairs and the Organizing Committee on specific topics, realized by special arrangement with Springer Science and Business Media in the NATO Science Series.
|Inizio evento||05-12-2023 09:00|
|Termine evento||07-12-2023 17:00|
|Luogo||Centro Ricerche ENEA - Frascati (Roma)|